ABL, Large Corporate Coverage
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
An experienced Asset Based Lending Originator focused on soliciting and underwriting buy-side ABL participation opportunities from Agent banks, consistent with Webster’s risk appetite and credit risk policies. This is a Managing Director level position. This position is hybrid, based in New York City, however for the right candidate full time remote will be considered.
- Disciplined and consistent marketing effort focused on Administrative Agent/Lead Arranger/Syndication Agent sales desks on a nationwide basis.
- Managing the process from Origination through closing; preparing deal summaries, Screen and Credit Approval memos, and working with outside counsel on documentation review.
- Meet and exceed annual sales goals including revenue generation and total funded volume as well as and various calling and meeting metrics.
- Actively manage nationwide database of ABL sales desks.
- Increase awareness of Webster with appropriate representation of Webster in the commercial finance industry.
- Effectively manage and track all sales activity utilizing SalesForce.com
- Work with the highest ethical standards and demonstrate Webster Bank’s Values at all times.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a minimum of 15 years Asset Based Lending experience including 5-7 years of successful ABL sales experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in credit analysis and/or underwriting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who works collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Extensive contact database (network)
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or related field required; advanced degree a plus.
- A self-started with the demonstrated ability to generate and close new business, meet and exceed annual sales goals and deal and contact activity goals.
- An understanding of bank regulatory requirements.
The estimated salary range for this position is $200,000 USD to $230,000 USD. Actual salary may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for incentive compensation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.