200 Elm Street-FF200
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Webster Bank -- Vice President Leveraged Finance
As a Vice President in Webster Bank's Sponsor Finance team, you will be responsible for all aspects of underwriting new cash flow transactions and portfolio management activities for the general commercial & industrial team. This position includes all aspects of the underwriting process such as performing due diligence and preparing internal credit approval documents, as well as portfolio management responsibilities including completion of required portfolio reviews and processing of incremental credit extensions. Potential candidates at this level are typically building upon the skills required to manage leveraged loan transactions under minimal supervision. You will be a meaningful contributor and assume increasing levels of responsibility that encompasses underwriting, portfolio management, and communicating with key stakeholders. Position would be located in either Stamford, CT or New York, NY.
Key responsibilities include:
- Spearheading the due diligence process for new cash flow transactions, inclusive of financial due diligence and leading diligence calls
- Preparing pre-screen memos and credit approval documents for presentation to credit committee,
- Reviewing legal documentation including credit agreements & amendments,
- Preparing and/or reviewing financial models,
- Organizing and managing the closing process on new transactions, and
- Management and ongoing monitoring of portfolio accounts.
Throughout this process, the Vice President will mentor junior deal team members and interact with multiple stakeholders including senior business development officers, deal underwriters, senior credit officers, capital markets professionals, private equity sponsors, company management, as well as legal counsel and operations personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years' experience in leveraged finance at a commercial or investment bank with strong commercial credit experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with financial statement modeling.
- Experience underwriting middle market cash flow transactions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little to no supervision.
- MBA considered a plus, but not required.
- Graduate of a formalized credit training program is preferred.
Webster Bank Overview
Webster Financial Corporation is the holding company for Webster Bank, National Association. With $26 billion in assets, Webster provides business and consumer banking, mortgage, financial planning, trust, and investment services through 176 banking centers and commercial banking hubs in markets including New York City, Stamford, Hartford, and Boston. Webster Bank owns the asset-based lending firm Webster Business Credit Corporation; the equipment finance firm Webster Capital Finance Corporation; and HSA Bank, a division of Webster Bank, which provides health savings account trustee and administrative services. Webster Bank is a member of the FDIC and an equal housing lender. For more information about Webster, including past press releases and the latest annual report, visit the Webster website at www.websterbank.com.
Business Unit Overview
Webster Sponsor and Specialty Finance provides customized secured commercial loans to middle-market companies, typically backed by private equity capital. Our loans are used by clients to facilitate acquisitions, fund working capital, finance growth/capital expenditures, and restructurings. Sponsor and Specialty Finance focuses on general commercial industries but also has dedicated specialty lending teams that cover healthcare, technology, media and franchise businesses. We are headquartered in Boston, MA and have offices in Stamford, CT and New York, NY.