200 Elm Street-FF200
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Webster Bank -- Vice President Leveraged Finance
As a Vice President, Portfolio Manager for Webster Bank's Sponsor and Specialty Finance team, you will be responsible for all portfolio management activities for cash flow based investments in healthcare, however prior healthcare experience is not required. This leadership position includes managing junior resources and ensuring required portfolio reviews, waivers, amendments and incremental credit extensions are processed in accordance with Webster Bank Credit Policies. Potential candidates at this level are typically building upon the skills required to manage leveraged loan transactions under minimal supervision. You will be a meaningful contributor and assume increasing levels of responsibility that encompasses portfolio, underwriting and communicating with key stakeholders. Position would be located in either Stamford, CT or Boston, MA.
Key responsibilities include:
- working with junior resources to ensure the timely input and data integrity of client financials into Webster Bank's electronic portfolio management system;
- oversight and presentation of quarterly and annual reviews to credit committee;
- development and ongoing monitoring of portfolio analytics;
- management and coordination of all post-close borrower requests including waivers, amendments, extensions;
- working with lead underwriters in conducting due diligence and presenting incremental requests for capital to investment committee. Throughout this process the Vice President will mentor junior deal team members and interact with multiple stakeholders, including business development officers, deal underwriters, senior credit officers, capital markets, private equity sponsors, company management, as well as legal counsel and operations personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years' experience in leveraged finance at a commercial or investment bank with strong commercial credit experience.
- Experience leading negotiation of credit agreements / legal documentation of leveraged loans.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with financial statement modeling.
- Experience underwriting middle market sponsored transactions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little to no supervision.
- MBA considered a plus.
- Graduate of a formalized credit training program.
- Experience in middle market healthcare services is highly preferred, but not required.
Webster Bank Overview
Webster Financial Corporation is the holding company for Webster Bank, National Association. With $26 billion in assets, Webster provides business and consumer banking, mortgage, financial planning, trust, and investment services through 176 banking centers and 349 ATMs. Webster also provides telephone banking, mobile banking, and Internet banking. Webster Bank owns the asset-based lending firm Webster Business Credit Corporation; the equipment finance firm Webster Capital Finance Corporation; and HSA Bank, a division of Webster Bank, which provides health savings account trustee and administrative services. Webster Bank is a member of the FDIC and an equal housing lender. For more information about Webster, including past press releases and the latest annual report, visit the Webster website at www.websterbank.com.
Business Unit Overview
Webster Sponsor and Specialty Finance provides customized secured commercial loans to middle-market companies, typically backed by private equity capital. Our loans are used by clients to facilitate acquisitions, fund working capital, finance growth/capital expenditures, and restructurings. Sponsor and Specialty Finance focuses on general commercial industries but also has dedicated specialty lending teams that cover healthcare, technology, media and franchise businesses. We are headquartered in Boston, MA and have offices in Stamford, CT and New York, NY.