User Experience and Interface (UX/UI) Researcher & Designer
Date ActiveApr 13, 2022 4:05:55 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationSeventh Avenue Office-NY7AV
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Webster Bank is looking for a dynamic UX/UI Researcher and Designer who will report to the Managing Director of User Experience and collaborate with the Experience Design Pod to define, design, research, and implement innovative digital solutions and experiences.
In this role you will work closely with the UX/UI Design Team and Stakeholders to intake, uncover, and validate User journeys in support of Webster Bank’s digital product strategy. Your key function will be to draft, conduct, and report insights from your usability research and User testing to ensure optimal digital experiences across audiences while meeting business requirements. You will also produce, iterate, and refine sketches, wireframes, and prototypes based on your research results.
The UX/UI Designer and Researcher will collaborate with stakeholders across the bank to create connected digital Client experiences for web and mobile applications. You will showcase your intuitive user interfaces by producing sketches, prototypes, wireframes, interaction assets, and visual guide documents that reinforce Webster Bank’s brand.
In this role you will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Assist in the Intake and tracking of cross-organizational design needs.
- Draft, conduct, and interpret usability and User testing research early and throughout development cycles.
- Organize, schedule, and lead creative workshops to gather, generate, and ideate business requirements.
- Create user journey maps to help Stakeholders define business processes and solve for Client needs.
- Use research to define, design, and refine web and mobile experiences using wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Maintain the Design System Manager (DSM) and visual design libraries.
- Create presentations to update stakeholders on project status.
- 2-4 year of experience as a UX/UI Designer and conducting usability and User testing research.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, experience with digital graphic design, or some combination of coursework and related professional experience are eligible for consideration.
- A portfolio to showcase design ability and thinking.
- Expertise with usability testing and User research online platforms.
- Experience with design tools like Sketch, Figma (or similar prototyping, wireframing, and design systems), and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- A strong understanding of UX, UI, accessibility standards, Agile development, and research design principles across platforms (web and mobile).
- Strong communication and storytelling skills, both verbally and written.
- Multitasking and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Analytical mind with business acumen.