575 Farmington Avenue-HF075
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Universal Banker (UB) is the "face of Webster" with branch-based customers. The Universal Banker position is an all-encompassing role which requires the associate to deliver sales, service and transactions to all customers (which may also include supervisory responsibilities). The Universal Banker creates a positive customer relationship by effectively communicating a clear understanding of the benefits of Webster's products and services. The Universal Banker will engage in sales and service activities and contributes directly to the success of the branch by recognizing and uncovering opportunities. The time spent performing sales, service or supervisory tasks will be determined by the needs of the branch and may vary.
- Utilizes sales techniques to uncover customer needs and match to the bank's products and services; sells a full range of retail products/services such as deposit accounts, loans, credit cards, and safe deposit boxes to meet or exceed established sales goals to support overall sales objectives; including the identification and migration of customer transactions to alternative delivery channels.
- Markets a full range of consumer and small business banking services to existing and potential customers through proactive techniques such as lobby leadership, outbound telemarketing calls, marketing campaigns or in branch events and execution of weekly targets and tactics.
- Provides a variety of transactions for customers, including typical teller transactions i.e., cashes checks and processes checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties, etc. while seeking opportunities to develop customer relationships and identify sales opportunities; utilizes basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships. Must be knowledgeable of and able to navigate through banker and teller automation applications.
- Resolves a variety of simple to complex in branch customer maintenance requests and inquires (i.e. address change, stop payments, research requests, etc.).
- Effectively uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from Loan Processing, Deposit Operations, ATM, Reconcilement, Retail Loss Management or Financial Intelligence Unit or other internal Webster departments.
- Fluent in Webster's products and services and uses knowledge to identify other cross-sell opportunities and refers existing customers and prospects to Business & Professional Banking (B&PB), Webster Investment Services (WIS), Cash Management, Consumer Finance -- mortgages and home equity and/or other Sales Council members.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws as well as Webster Bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed branch evaluation requirements.
- Ensure completion of required periodic audits and inventories on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain effective partnership with Retail Branch Operations Specialist (BOS) to ensure operational excellence.
- High School / GED required
- Some college coursework preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 2- 3 years of experience in a customer service, sales, call center and/or cash-handling environment.
- Prior banking experience as a teller or a banker strongly preferred
- Previous sales experience preferred
- NMLS registered and in good standing.
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Self motivated with a demonstrated aptitude and desire for sales achievement
- Passion for customer service and helping people.
- Ability, motivation and preference to succeed in a goal-driven environment
- Superior customer relationship building skills
- Comfortable making outreach calls to consumer or business prospects
- Decision-maker with well developed interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with technology -- i.e. smartphones, ipads, online banking, etc.
- Basic understanding of personal finances and concept of budgeting
- Good organizational skills
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule Monday thru Saturday
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to personal growth, learning and success.
- Ability to interact with customers, partners, vendors and team members in a professional and personable manner.
Licenses /Certifications -- none
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Typical office environment / working conditions.