200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting Management in the daily activities and operation of the Collection Department including supervision of the Collection Staff in order to ensure proper servicing of delinquent bank owned and Investor owned Residential and Consumer loan products that results in reduced delinquency levels. The incumbent shall also be responsible for managing a portfolio of non-performing loan products (over 120 days past due) in a manner that seeks to reduce loss and expense exposure for the bank, and ensure compliance with Investor and Insurer requirements.
- Manages a portfolio of 120+ day delinquent loans for the purpose of collecting past due payments, attempting foreclosure alternatives (workout/loss mitigation), transitioning to foreclosure, and recommending charge off.
- Acts as liaison between the bank and external service providers for the purpose of ensuring timely and effective services are being provided.
- Assists Management in the daily tracking of Collector productivity via the On Line Collection System.
- Assists Collectors in handling difficult and/or extraordinary cases and in reviewing borrower financial information.
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of monthly internal and external delinquency reports.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the Miser, Loler, and Odin reporting systems as they relate to the Collection and/or Productivity process.
- Manages the automobile repossession process from acquisition through liquidation and final disposition.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by Management.
Some college preferred -- Business or Management
3 -- 5 years of related experience -- Previous Mortgage and Consumer collections experience in a loan servicing environment including FNMA, FHLMC, CHFA, and HUD products, as well as previous supervisory experience.
- Supervision of 5 or more staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer Proficiency (PC Input, data entry, etc.).
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Word Processing and Spreadsheet).
- Internet Proficient
- Strong Residential and Consumer product knowledge.
- Strong Loan Servicing knowledge (Investor, Escrow, Payoff, Cashiering, ARM)
- Excellent mathematics skills.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Goal oriented.
- Knowledge of CHFA/FHA Loss Mitigation requirements.
Job Reference #: 5000486971806