Sr Underwriter, Consumer Finance/Hybrid
Date ActiveMar 31, 2022 4:15:31 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
***This is a hybrid role and can be based in Rhode Island, Boston, New York and/or Connecticut.
Underwrite and assess credit quality of consumer loans, residential mortgage loans, and subordination requests. Align with bank’s Community Reinvestment Act (“CRA”) lending activities.
- Review and analyze entire loan file, including application, credit report, investor findings, income and asset documentation, customer identification information, OFAC review, title verification, fraud review, collateral review, and property valuation.
- Ability to analyze complex tax returns
- Efficiently manage pipeline of loans, including follow up to ensure timely decision.
- Ensure rate locks and purchase dates are met for residential mortgage loans and that consumer loans are underwritten to turnaround time standards.
- Review declined loan files for exceptions and escalate underwriting exceptions when warranted.
- Monitor compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Ensure accuracy of HMDA data for reporting.
- Review and decision low to mid-level subordination requests.
- Work with branch representatives, account reps, and mortgage originators to ensure customer service.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 5-6 years of experience in mortgage loan underwriting to include state agency and federal government programs.
- Knowledge with underwriting consumer lending products (equity lines and equity loans) in conjunction with mortgage.
- Understanding of loan origination process.
- PC skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- FHA DE or VA LAPP certifications preferred .
- Working knowledge of industry standard loan operations system.