Sr. Underwriter Business Banking
Date ActiveJun 15, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
***This is a hybrid role and can be based in Boston, New York and/or Connecticut.
- Manage the credit and underwriting of Business Banking loans within the Business Credit Center.
- Prepare and deliver high quality, comprehensive credit approval documents that contain in-depth and independent analysis, providing sound judgment and understanding while identifying credit issues and risks.
- Underwrite and decision loan requests quickly and efficiently. Quality of work will be measured by quantity of errors or omissions and required revisions. Loan volume as well as average size will be a factor.
- Loans placed in suspense will be monitored for proper suspense reasons and the ability to move loans from suspended through to decision phase.
- Maintain acceptable KPI metrics
- Maintain communication with RM's regarding deal status and expected turn time provide pertinent questions to decision the loan to the RM's in a timely manner.
- Provide visibility to RM's and Regional Managers regarding deal status and expect turn times through PowerLender comments. Provide feedback as to reason of Underwriting suspense times.
- Provide feedback to Management with respect to potential improvements to the credit delivery process
- Manage asset quality identifying adverse or credit issues in loan package submissions. Proper notifications to RM, Supervisor and SCE of corrective actions are required.
- Proper and accurate Risk Assessment Grades using the Risk Assessment Models are required.
Educational, Experience & Skills required:
- High school diploma/GED required; some college courses in a related field strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in commercial loan underwriting
- Familiarity with the Power Lender system with a particular focus in the credit processing of commercial mortgages and SBA supported loans.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within deadlines with an ongoing sense of urgency.