Sr. Systems Analyst/Programmer
Date ActiveJul 22, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Senior System Analyst/Programmer is responsible for providing technical and programming support for the Incentive Processing, Fraud & Loss mitigation, and Wealth Management systems supported by the Webster Bank Incentive Processing and Data Report team (IPDR).
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The successful candidate will serve as the technical lead on projects to develop/enhance and to support enterprise level applications. This will include full life cycle responsibilities; including stakeholder collaboration, business function definition, use case modeling, application design, development, testing, documentation, disaster recovery planning, and ongoing support. Supported applications are a mix of internally and vendor- developed, which reside locally, at vendor locations, or in the cloud.
- Work independently on the design, development and unit testing of new and existing systems.
- Develop and maintain systems, interfaces, databases, and batch processes by evaluating client needs, analyzing requirements and delivering solutions
- Recommend design alternatives, considering benefits of and limitations to users based on in-depth understanding of business needs; may code very complex or high risk components.
- Create technical design documents and manuals; explain complex issues and resolutions in a clear and concise manner and work with functional users and other analysts to ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Provide routine and emergency production support which may require off hours and/or weekends work.
- Collaborate with team members to identify, plan, estimate and prioritize/reprioritize work tasks.
- Facilitate requirements gathering efforts and clearly document system requirements.
- Develop strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of the company.
- Provide technical training, support, and mentoring to team members.
- Serve as point of escalation for the development team.
- Liaison with internal customers as needed to maintain the business partnership and mitigate escalations.
- Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices as applicable
- Other duties as assigned
- 5- 8 years of relevant technical development experience, supporting applications residing on Linux/AIX/Unix/Windows environments, and troubleshooting Java or .Net based applications.
- Highly proficient in writing fine-tuned SQL queries and stored procedures and working with data in Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Knowledge of database design principals.
- Proficient in developing functional requirements from a set of business requirements.
- Proficient in application design.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for dealing with staff and management.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Must have strong mentoring skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Willingness to share skills, knowledge and expertise
- Excellent time management skills
- Provide accurate estimates on application implementations and requested enhancements.
- Shows an aptitude to learn new technologies, programming languages and methodologies in order to facilitate or adapt to change
- Knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Ability to manage small projects
- Knowledgeable on industry best practices, design patterns, standards
- High level understanding of network topology
- Proficient in core development technologies
MSSQL technologies SSIS, SSRS
Oracle -- PL/SQL SQL+
- Familiarity with Sales Incentive systems.
- Banking Industry background.
- AWS Cloud principles.
- Bitbucket/Git experience.
- Jira experience.
- Project management experience and familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- DevOps experience
- Scripting technologies (Perl, Python, PowerShell, bash, etc.).