Sr System Analyst Programmer
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Senior Systems Application Programmer
The Senior Systems Application Programmer serves as an expert in all aspects of application development and support. They design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain complex IT business solutions. They are responsible for developing and coordinating application enhancements and addressing the application and information technology issues for BSA/AML Compliance applications for Webster Bank, N.A.
- Identify and define applications architecture, components and interfaces, design of data model, data/information flows, and security design.
- Deliver designs and programs for new and existing products; keep current on best practices in technology and market trends.
- Identify data needs, including access, security, quality, and maintenance requirements.
- Recommend design alternatives, considering benefits of and limitations to users based on in-depth understanding of business needs; may code very complex or high risk components.
- In absence of Technical Manager, provide technical direction and coaching to lower level Developers.
- Reviews, tests and implements application fixes provided by the Vendor(s).
- Provides source/version control management and oversight and follows SDLC and Change Management protocols.
- Provides routine and emergency production and break/fix support as needed which may include after hours and/or weekend support.
- Interfaces with and supports a variety of clients; including IT management, Business lines, Support groups and Vendors.
- Completes a variety of forms and documentation in support of IT Change Management, Architectural Review Board, Corporate Information Security and Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity. Takes ownership of maintaining documentation as required.
- Performs production support to the Line of Business monitoring and reporting system and batch processing status' as defined by Supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- MS SQL database and query experience
- Oracle database experience
- ASP.NET development
- Generate system flow charts and design documents
- Experience with MS Visual Studio
- Experience with .NET Framework
- Experience with Java
- Financial Industry background
- BSA/AML Compliance knowledge
- Crystal Reporting experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related work experience.
- 5+ years of complex software development experience.
- Highly developed understanding of structure analysis, technical design, and database and file access methods.
- Proven ability in one or more programming languages and development tools.
Job Reference #: 5000444640006