Sr Quantitative Analyst
145 Bank Street-NH501
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Sr. Quantitative Analyst
- Conduct complex analytical studies, develop advanced quantitative models, and make strategic recommendations to improve performance, drive cost savings & revenue growth, and maximize profits in support of operational, risk, retention, sales, and marketing effectiveness.
- Gather and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to identify trends and predict response.
- Use SAS, SQL, Excel, Tableau and/or other open source advanced analytic tools such as Python and R to support data analysis and model development.
- Manage a wide range of analytical projects from model framework design to implementation, inclusive of documentation and ongoing management.
- Leverage traditional quantitative approaches such as regression, decision trees, clustering, etc. as well as progressive techniques to solve business problems.
- Develop formal presentations and data visualizations that demonstrate learnings and opportunities.
- Collaborate with team members across varying functional areas in support of advanced analytics expansion.
Education, Skills, Experience
- Advanced degree in statistics, data science, applied mathematics, or related quantitative field.
- SAS programming expertise required. Experience using alternative open source tools a plus, but not required.
- 5+ years of statistical modeling / machine learning experience with advanced quantitative techniques.
- Experience in a financial services industry and data environment a plus.
- High-energy creative thinker with ability to grasp new concepts quickly and solve problems independently.
- Ability to adapt and eagerness to learn/implement new data science and machine learning technologies to solve business problems.
- Effective communication, facilitation, project management, and presentation skills.
Job Reference #: 5000463599506