Sr Credit Executive, Institutional ICRE
Date ActiveMar 3, 2022 2:41:58 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location185 Asylum Street-HF215
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Oversee the credit decision process for complex commercial real estate mortgage loan transactions. Responsible for all aspects of the credit risk function for the investment commercial real estate (ICRE) line of business of Webster’s Commercial Bank. The individual will work collaboratively with the ICRE line of business to meet strategic goals while ensuring safety and soundness, prudent diligence, appropriate risk/reward, prudent portfolio management and adherence to credit policy. Primary focus will be on the institutional commercial real estate lending book of business.
- Act as a strategic credit partner to the ICRE line of business within the Commercial Bank.
- Oversees the credit decision process for assigned ICRE mortgage loan portfolio.
- Work closely with business leaders and serve as one voice for credit risk with the Commercial Bank, including commercial real estate loan origination, portfolio management and workout as appropriate.
- Help support and drive key initiatives including new ICRE product verticals, as well as target market and geographic strategies.
- Oversee adherence to credit policies/procedures, and drive process improvements to address deficiencies.
- Ensure proper controls are in place to ensure ICRE data accuracy, with clear ownership.
- Review and decision transactions as needed for the ICRE line of business up to delegated credit authority.
- Participate in portfolio reviews and discussions for both performing and problem loans.
- Assist in the preparation of Credit Risk Committee materials, including Senior Risk Council and like presentations, as needed.
- Develop and lead ICRE presentations to management and constituents as required, including Credit Risk Committee, loan committee presentations, etc.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 15 plus years’ experience in related field, including meaningful institutional commercial real estate lending knowledge and experience.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, communication/presentation, leadership, portfolio management and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to build strong, constructive relationships at multiple levels of the organization.
- Must be a strategic thinker, with demonstrated ability to implement change.
This position may be based in Hartford, Boston or New York, City and hybrid work schedule available.