Sr Credit Analyst- Credit Risk
Date ActiveMar 16, 2022 12:08:30 PM
Hours Per Week37.5
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Position is a Hybrid role
The Senior Credit Analyst will perform financial analysis of entities which, in providing services to or with Webster Bank. Webster’s Credit Policies and Procedures detail the requirements to onboard and provide continuous monitoring of these exposures on a risk-based approach. The position reports to the Senior Credit Executive responsible for Counterparty.
- Conduct analysis of credit risks as governed by Webster’s Bank-wide Counterparty Policies and Procedures. Primary responsibilities include the analysis/review of banks, insurance companies (including credit insurers and private mortgage insurers) and exchanges. Additional reviews may include, but are not limited to, GSEs, mortgage correspondents, life insurers and bond insurers.
- Prepare Credit Approval Documents for new and existing exposure and for business line analysis requests.
- Continuously monitor the portfolio by providing ongoing surveillance of exposures in the portfolio including monitoring of relevant news stories, rating changes, and/or other industry developments. Inform Senior Credit Executive and other Risk Leadership as necessary.
- Assist Senior Credit Executive with quarterly reporting including the development of slides for the quarterly Credit Portfolio Risk Profile and ongoing data integrity review for some of the Bank-wide Counterparty categories listed above. Position is responsible for creating and maintaining an automated summary report that includes all Bank-wide Counterparty exposures.
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Working knowledge of accounting and finance, including ability to interpret and analyze financial statements and perform cash flow analysis
- Technically proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to learn new software as required for position
- Ability to work with associates at various levels and influence senior business leaders within the organization
- Willingness to advance skills and improve financial knowledge through pursuit of additional educational opportunities outside of normal work environment