Sr Commercial Loan Servicer
Date ActiveSep 2, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location436 Slater Road-HF308
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The role is responsible for providing dedicated Commercial Loan processing and other banking services to multiple types of deals including Syndicated/Agency transactions. Commercial Loan Servicers work in teams on a shared portfolio with tasks being assigned to each member of the team to service the portfolio. They also work closely with front office, borrowers, agents, and other Corporate Banking departments.
- Senior Commercial Loan Servicers perform completeness check to ensure all executed documents are collected and/or delivered by all parties involved.
- Ability to deliver high quality professional service to internal and external customers, understanding all aspect of loan processing, ensuring requests are processed accurately within established credit guidelines and departmental procedures
- Process loan portfolio seamlessly and accurately and anticipates business needs
- Perform completeness check to ensure all executed documents are collected and/or delivered by all parties involved; ensure knowledge of the Commercial lending products and services, including an understanding of a Credit Agreement, loan funding mechanics, deal structure, funds flow, etc.
- Establish on-going communication with deal teams and bank groups regarding any changes or issues to the Loan Agreement or deal structure
- Department policies and procedures are adhered to and data input is accurate.
- Monitors delinquencies and evaluates loan issues. Develop an estimate of final financial impact to the Bank.
- Daily reconciliation ensuring cash items are matched and to determine what should be reported as past due.
- Responsible to reconcile/verify any investor lists (excel templates) are accurate with ACBS.
- Mentor and train Junior Commercial Loan Servicers
- Receptive to increasing levels of responsibilities and additional process improvement projects at management's request
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 3 - 5+ years' experience in commercial loan servicing environment, including interactions with multiple systems (ex. ACBS, general ledger, reporting tools)
- Strong analytical skills especially related to transaction calculation and account reconciliation
- Detail oriented & ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills: ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress toward goals and track activities.
- Ability to challenge the status quo & open to change, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability manage within a metrics driven organization (results driven)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial loan documentation
- Understanding of commercial transactions (ex. Syndications, Participations, Capital Markets, etc.). Foreign currency loan processing experience, preferred
- Training experience, a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite
- Working Knowledge of ACBS, preferred
- Bachelor's Degree is required: major in Accounting or Finance is preferred