SOX Senior Associate
132 Grand Street-NH513
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Perform comprehensive reviews of business processes to ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place. Make recommendations to enhance controls and/or improve documentation while ensuring that work is performed in compliance with SOX requirements and properly documented and supported. Collaborate with business partners to review and update SOX documentation and complete testing over key controls.
- Collaborate with business line partners to review SOX documentation (risk and control matrices, narratives, flowcharts) and identify areas where control enhancements and/or documentation improvements are needed. Ensure SOX documentation is accurate and reflects current procedures.
- Complete SOX testing in assigned areas, including assessment of design through walkthroughs and testing of operating effectiveness. Ensure documentation and testing complies with industry standards and allows for reliance by the external auditors.
- Manage testing requests and organize source documentation.
- Assist SOX Manager in researching and assessing deficiencies identified and follow-up on remediation activities to verify appropriate resolution.
- Support external auditor requests and during the annual audit.
- Assist in the review and mapping of SOC 1 reports.
- Participate in the annual risk assessment process.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
2-4 years of related experience, public accounting or SOX experience strongly preferred
Banking experience preferred
Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time management, project management, and analytical skills
CPA or CIA designation strongly preferred