Senior Underwriter - Public Sector Finance
50 Kennedy Plaza-RIP35
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Prepare high quality, detailed credit approval documents that contain an in-depth analysis and, an understanding and identification of credit issues and risks.
- Decision loan requests in accordance with Webster loan policies and procedures.
- Consult with Credit Manager and Relationship Manager to recommend proper loan structuring that limit risk.
- Spread and interpret financial statements, tax returns and projections.
- Provide an initial response to the Relationship Manager within an established timeframe upon receipt and review of the completed loan submission package.
- Prepare commitment letters upon approval of loan request
- Order and review appraisals and valuation (real estate, equipment, business, etc.)
- Assist all partners (closing, portfolio, and operations) in the closing of public sector loans.
- Participate in projects that help improve and streamline the credit delivery process.
- Assist with the training and development of underwriters education.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business, accounting or finance required
- Minimum of 3 years in commercial banking and/or government loan underwriting required
- Strong tech skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative/team environment
- Ability to work well in pressure situations.
Job Reference #: 5000372992106