Senior Portfolio Manager
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This position is responsible for the management of an assigned Small Business loan portfolio. The expectation for the position is to help deliver an industry-leading customer experience for our borrowing customers, and to manage the administrative functions related to credit quality maintenance, risk grade management, covenant compliance, loan / line maturities, loan documentation and collateral tracking. This position will require significant customer contact (written, phone, and in-person), and will liaison with a team of Business Bankers to cross sell new products and services to existing customers and support new customer acquisition efforts.
- Monitor and maintain an assigned Small Business loan portfolio and alert senior management to issues which affect portfolio quality.
- Manage the renewal and modification process for loans and lines of credit by coordinating the underwriting and document preparation process to effectuate timely document execution.
- Perform routine, thorough reviews of relationships in an assigned loan portfolio to ensure accurate risk grades and data integrity at all times.
- Identify revenue generation and cross-sell opportunities by mining existing customer base and working closely with Business Banker partners on shared relationships.
- Support and deliver superior customer service to business relationships in conjunction with designated Business Banker partners to bring consistent customer experiences throughout the Bank's footprint.
- Support the Bank's loan payment collection efforts to remain within targets for past dues and charge-offs and identify and support the transfer of problem loans to the Restructure & Recovery Unit.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree required - Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of related banking experience -- Commercial credit experience required with the completion of a formal credit training program preferred.
- Strong credit skills with the capacity to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of a wide variety of credit facilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in customer contact situations including potential work-out/loan restructure environments.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and efficient time management skills
Job Reference #: 5000504784606