Date ActiveAug 23, 2022 10:04:34 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location145 Bank Street-NH501
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to assist with general accounting operations across the organization by performing month-end close procedures, coordinating accounting activities, verifying financial transactions. In addition, this position will be responsible for accounting and review of the Company’s direct investment and low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) portfolios.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized member of a cohesive team who can collaborate with all levels of management and perform under pressure. A successful Senior Accountant will combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform complex accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Participate and contribute to the accurate production and review of corporate financial deliverables, to include, but not limited to, the month end accounting close, quarterly earnings call, investor presentations, etc.
- Ensure the integrity of financial statements. Ensure that financial statements an in compliance with GAAP, company policies, accounting and SOX control procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Review and determine the proper accounting treatment for all new direct investments.
- Record all accounting entries and reporting related to the direct investment and LIHTC portfolios.
- Perform the funding of all new and existing direct investments via wire or ACH.
- Field questions concerning financial results.
- Assists and provide support with the annual external audit and budget processes.
- Support required changes to reporting responsibilities as directed by management resulting from mergers and acquisitions, new ventures, and special projects.
- Assist others within the accounting department with research of issues that require advanced accounting or system knowledge.
Education, Experience and Skill requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 3+ years accounting experience in public accounting or the financial services industry preferred.
- CPA designation preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform detailed variance review and financial analysis
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills -- especially in complex Excel functions to quickly be able to analyze data
- Works and communicates effectively with management and staff throughout the organization
- Demonstrates project management skills with proven success at managing projects to completion with limited supervision
- Strong analytical skills
- Successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously