SEC Reporting Manager
132 Grand Street-NH513
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The SEC Reporting Manager is responsible for the oversight, preparation and review of external financial reporting for Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings (10-K, 10-Q, 11-K, etc.). The position is also responsible for providing technical accounting support on complex business transactions and financial statement disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the quarterly preparation, review, and filing of corporate financial statements with the Securities and Exchange Commission (10-Qs, 10-Ks, other SEC filings, etc.).
- Provide technical support to members of Finance, Accounting, and business unit constituents on the treatment of accounting issues in compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Research and document technical accounting issues for senior management and business unit constituents.
- Work with business units and support groups to develop and establish ownership of disclosures for newly adopted accounting standards.
- Work to continuously improve the quality of financial statement disclosures to benchmark disclosures against competitors.
- Manage the Company's external auditor relationship.
- Maintain the related SOX documentation for financial reporting.
- Manage a team of professionals.
- Implement short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Network with other industry participants and regulators through conferences and forums to anticipate and communicate upcoming changes in financial reporting.
- Participate in special projects, such as due diligence for acquisition targets, integration of subsidiaries post acquisition, debt issuance, etc.
- 5-7+ plus years of related experience; including supervisory experience with strong ability to mentor and develop personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and CPA preferred.
- Public Accounting / Audit experience strongly preferred.
- Banking experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage a project including development and tracking of timelines/action plans
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness and awareness of the need to communicate outside of the division, educate constituents and enforce deadlines without direct reporting lines
- Ability to benchmark to the competition and seek continuous improvement in the company's reporting
Strong professional skills and presence; an ability to interact with senior executives