Scrum Product Owner
Date ActiveAug 3, 2022 1:23:26 PM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
At HSA Bank, we’re working toward a world where everyone is empowered to save for a healthy future. Our offerings in the healthcare savings space drive down healthcare costs, increase access, and assist with decision-making for consumers, health plans, partners, and advisors.
Are you ready to join us?
As Product Owner, you are the value maximizer for your product(s). You are responsible for managing the product backlog for your scrum team. This includes ordering the items in the backlog to best achieve goals, optimizing the value of the work the scrum team delivers, ensuring the product backlog is transparent to all and shows what the team will work on in current and future sprint iterations. You will partner closely with your value stream process owner and stakeholder groups to understand business needs and deconstruct those needs into epics and user stories which the scrum team can consume, refine, and implement. Your product development experience and technical aptitude will serve you and your team well in backlog refinement, sprint planning, and daily standup sessions working within the organization’s SAFe framework.
- Understand and become the domain expert of your product(s). Identify and leverage subject matter experts and stakeholders to work closely with to achieve this expertise and help you guide the product without delays or becoming a proxy Product Owner.
- Receives new Initiatives and/or Epics and deconstruct them into user stories. Facilitate user story requirement/acceptance criteria refinement with Business and IT Teams using effective methodology and estimating techniques.
- Preparation, ordering, and complete ownership and accountability of the product backlog for your team.
- Influential liaison who effectively connects the business and technical aspects of relationships, process, systems, scope, defects, and delivery. Focuses on "Did we build the right thing?" by ensuring user stories align with process owner and stakeholder expectations and all acceptance criteria and definition of done criteria have been met by the Scrum Team.
- Identify risk and impact through subject matter expertise and proactively make decisions that remediate risks, gaps, or blockers.
- We have a QA team that performs a wide array of testing responsibilities. The Product Owner may need to help the team complete testing based on time-to-delivery needs of the sprint iterations.
- After QA signoff, the Product Owner is responsible for acceptance criteria signoff of epics and user stories.
- The Product Owner plays a role in engaging and facilitating user testing with the process owner and business teams.
- Serve the development team by helping instill techniques for effective backlog management and refinement in ways that maximize value. Ensure sprint goals create high value products.
- Serve the organization by leading and coaching the organization in its Agile adoption, influence changes that maximize productivity of the scrum team, and help employees and stakeholders understand and enact SAFe and empirical product development. Bring transparency to the business about team progress and roadblocks to improve partnership and trust with the business.
- Build and maintain a trusting and safe environment. Facilitate getting the work done without coercion or dictating the work. Promote self-managing within the team and encourage empowerment and team autonomy.
- Work with other Scrum Masters and Product Owners to identify any inter-project overlaps including cross-team dependencies that may impact the teams' ability to complete the work.
- Must be situationally aware and be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to leadership, as needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field.
- 4+ years of progressive experience working with software development teams as a Product Owner following Scrum/SAFe methodology.
- Certified Product Owner is preferred
- Both business and tactical acumen expertise is required to facilitate and connect with stakeholder groups and technical teams.
- Demonstrated experience with requirement elicitation, writing business requirements or user stories, work estimation techniques, and hands-on testing.
- Experience working with technical scrum teams on API and backend development. Technical background favorable.
- Experience leading scrum teams who create elegant user experiences across Web Applications, Websites, and Portals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecyle and Agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe).
- Strong familiarity with planning tools (Jira, Confluence, Gitlab) and proven experience creating and sustaining a variety of Agile charts and metrics on an ongoing basis.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) at most levels of the organization.
- Must be able to organize and efficiently manage multiple priorities, tasks, and impediments concurrently.