Apr 19, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
Responsible for soliciting lease and loan transactions ranging from $50,000 to $10,000,000 through new business development and retention of current customers.
1. Represent WCF in the lending community to develop profitable loan volume through direct channels as well as vendor/dealer market.
2. Execute highly focused prospecting activities.
3. Structure financing solutions for customers and prospects utilizing existing and new WCF products.
4. Collect and submit all documentation necessary:
a) to underwrite / obtain credit approval
b) to understand the business and know our customer
c) to understand the equipment and the deal and
d) to close the transaction.
5. Aggressive follow-up with prospective customers and referral sources to secure new business.
6. Draft and deliver proposals to prospective borrowers; close transactions.
7. Ensure high quality service.
8. Submit transactions to credit analyst for review providing write up and including purpose and justification.
9. Facilitate closing of transactions via phone or in person.
10. Develop customer base within assigned territory.
11. Document calling activity using Salesforce.
Education, Experience and Skills
* Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or related field.
* 5-10 years related experience preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to develop new customer relationships
* Excellent communication (oral & written), organizational and interpersonal skills.
* The ability to work independently and to adjust priorities is necessary.
* Strong selling and pricing skills and experience in credit structuring.
* Product knowledge of legal and tax lease parameters.
* The ability to work in a team environment is necessary.
* PC skills -- experience in Microsoft Office, Salesforce and Info Analysis.