Regional Sales Manager, Webster Investments
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Direct reports include all FCs and as well as dotted line reporting of all FAs, SAs, & LBEs. . SVPRSM-West is also responsible for WIS C3FAs (Registered Phone Representatives) and sales leadership for the WIS Guided Wealth Portfolios (GWP) platform.
SVPRSM is responsible for oversight and outreach to WIS Representatives in five basic areas:
- Recruitment and training of new representatives
- One-to-One coaching, training, and mentoring for Representatives with an emphasis on improvement for low performing Representatives as well as advanced development for high performing Representatives;
- Coordination of FC/FA Sales Meetings (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual);
- Partnership management with Webster Retail Delivery as well as all other divisions of Webster Bank;
- Ensure that all elements of the securities and insurance related practices within assigned Webster territory are fully compliant with all regulatory requirements (OCC, FINRA, SEC, and State Guidelines) as well as Webster Bank and Broker Dealer policies and guidelines.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage WIS Salesforce (recruitment, training, business planning, performance management, sales reporting, and compliance and sales practices) (SFC, FC, FA, LBE, SA, and Intern).
- SVPRSM coaching and training will focus on topics such as profiling; sales skills, business planning, time management, partnership development, product distribution, and prospecting, technology, & cross- referral opportunities.
- Manage WIS Program for all sales related activities (sales meetings, marketing programs, compliance, cross-sell programs, sales reporting, business planning, technology training.)
- Coordinate with Broker Dealer to maximize product training and comprehensive planning process for all FCs and FAs. Ensure the entire Sales Team in assigned Region is fully functional with all required technologies and tools to maximize sales results and service proficiency.
- Monitor and assist with resolution of complaints consistent with all rules and guidelines of Broker Dealer
- Partnership Planning to include participation in Consumer Deposits Regional and Market Meetings as well as Business Bankers and Mortgage Officers quarterly meetings.
- Coordination with Consumer Deposits Regional Managers, Market Managers and Market Sales Specialists to promote WIS sales as well as WIS cross sell to all areas of the Personal Bank.
- Oversee and promote FC participation in Webster Sales Council program
- Represent Webster at Industry Conferences and Meetings
- Participation on WIS Product Marketing Committee
- Coordinate with Webster Private Bank to maximize and coordinate partnership and joint sales opportunities.
- Manage C3FAs to maximize phone sales, referrals to FCs, coordination with Digital Channel (Robo, Self Directed)
- SVPRSM will also assist the WIS Director with special projects as required.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required in business, finance or related field; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience and at least 4 years of which were in a supervisory capacity
- Excellent managerial, organization and communications skills
- Strong knowledge of products, services and sales are essential.
- Series 7, 65/66, Series 24, State Life and Health Insurance License required
Job Reference #: 5000392563006