Region Relationship Banker II
Date ActiveSep 28, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week37.5
Location275 Cottage Grove Road-HF053
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
This role functions as an individual producer to assist the team in achievement of sales, service, and operation goals for the Region Banking Centers, based on Webster's Strategic Guidelines. This position is designed to support multiple banking centers within the region. The role will process all customer related financial transactions in accordance with the rules, regulations, and guidelines of the Bank. Additionally, this role uses excellent communication and active listening skills to learn about the customer's financial needs, establish trust, optimize sales opportunities, generate leads, and provide quality customer service as well as develop and maintain a strong partnership with various business segments through collaboration and communication. Ability to supervise and coach fellow relationship Bankers.
- Responds to customers' needs in an accurate and timely fashion, capitalizing on resources and tools available
- Evaluates needs of clients and offers appropriate financial products and services, through needs-based conversations, to build and deepen relationships.
- Perform routine teller transactions like deposits, withdrawals, check cash, loan payments and other transactions as needed.
- Support segmentation strategy by implementing sales, retention, and other bank initiatives to execute Region Banking Centers' growth and profitability objectives.
- Expected to achieve/ exceed both individual and team goals in sales, service and operations
- Maintains compliance with Federal and State regulations as well as bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed branch audits and operations evaluation requirements
- Assist with supervision of banking center colleagues offering coaching support to fellow bankers. Act as a role model and help onboard new bankers.
- Ability to adapt to business needs with scheduling and supporting banking centers within a Region.
- Responsible for building strong relationships with the banking center teams they support, as well as collaborative partnerships with business lines.
Education, Experience & Skills
- High school diploma/GED required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-4 years customer sales/service experience with 1-2 years supervisory preferred. Demonstrated success in leading, coaching, and motivating.
- 6 months - 2 years job experience cash handling and customer service experience; needs-based sales experience and banking experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of all products and services.
- Keeps current with all systems used for branch transaction processing.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills and the ability to support teamwork, creating a positive working environment.
- Ability to travel to various Banking Centers within the regions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.