Portfolio Manager - Commercial Real Estate
185 Asylum Street-HF215
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Portfolio Manager for Commercial Real Estate (CRE) is responsible for oversight and management of an assigned investment commercial real estate loan portfolio. The PM is also responsible for managing all aspects of the portfolio including, risk management, customer service, compliance, and data integrity.
- Maintain integrity of a portfolio of investment commercial real estate loans ensuring credit quality and soundness of risk ratings, adherence with compliance / policy, and maintenance of relevant data / systems
- Ensure timely completion of renewals, modifications and annual reviews for assigned relationships. This includes re-evaluation of risk ratings, collateral performance and valuation, maintenance of timely receipt of customer financial reporting, accurate testing of financial covenants and loan structure and pricing
- Closing of loan modifications, renewals and payoffs
- Perform all aspects of financial / credit analysis and underwriting for existing customers including statement spreading, risk assessment, projections and sensitivity analysis, and completion of Credit Approval Documents
- Lease / tenant analysis and approval
- Preparation and presentation of quarterly problem asset reports
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies for loans within the assigned portfolio, maximizing returns
- Assist with various internal and external audits of the investment commercial real estate loan portfolio
- Monitoring of cash flow sweeps and escrows and processing of capital escrow disbursements
- Participate on prospect and customer calls as appropriate
- Participate in special projects on an as-needed basis
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required with a major in Business, Finance or Economics preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years related work experience in commercial real estate
- Strong analytical and credit skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable in customer contact situations.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Job Reference #: 5000496371806