Operating Risk Manager
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Operating Risk Manager is responsible for supporting the Operational Risk Management (ORM) program.
The scope of the role will include risk oversight, reporting, governance, communications, education and consulting. Effective partnership with other members of the senior management team, business heads and third parties will be critical, as this individual will serve as a role model for high corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
The position will report to the Senior Operating Risk Manager.
- Assist the Senior Operating Risk Manager in executing the Operational Risk Assessment program
- Under the guidance of the Senior Operating Risk Manager, continue to advance the program in line with regulatory guidance and industry best practices
- Maintain up to date Operational Risk Management program documents, policies and procedures
- Help create and maintain program workflows in the Governance, Risk & Compliance platform
- Maintain program infrastructure including tools, templates, and reports. Gather and analyze risk assessment data and metrics to challenge the risk owner view and aggregate results to create a consolidated view of operational risk
- Facilitate meetings with senior leadership to complete risk and control self assessments
- Follow up with management to track progress on action steps
- Provide updates regarding progress and aggregate results to the appropriate risk management committees; determine if there are any trends or common themes
- Connect the results of this program to other elements of the overall ORM program (e.g., loss reporting, ORM scorecard, open issues)
- Support development/enhancement of operational risk oversight programs across Webster
- Deliver timely materials and coordinate Operational Risk Management Committee meetings and materials including agendas, minutes, and reports
- Stay abreast of industry trends and participate actively in the exchange of ideas with risk professionals in the ERM and ORM fields
- Assist with ad-hoc reviews or risk analysis at the request of executive management or Risk Committee of the Board
- Proactively identify, address, and escalate risk issues to minimize loss
- Additional duties as assigned by the Senior Operational Risk Manager
- College degree is required. Degree in business, finance, economics, or related field is preferred
- 7+ years of related experience -- Bank Risk Management, Project Management, or Auditing is preferred
- Experience with developing and implementing operational risk assessment programs is a plus
- Experience with implementing process changes
- Ability to analyze and assess business process for risk impact
- Excellent writing skills, oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to put technical terms into business communication for non-technical professionals or to present recommendations to senior management. The position requires interaction with various levels of internal staff and management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed while possessing experience in successfully working with cross functional teams in a matrixed environment
- Confident and results driven with a proven track record of delivering projects and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Prior experience with GRC platforms (example: Logic Manger, RSA Archer, Bwise, Metricstream)
- Knowledge of COSO ERM, COSO Internal Control or other risk & control frameworks is a plus
- Audit or Risk Management certification is a plus
- Experience on large system enhancements, conversions and production problem resolution
- Lean, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement experience
Job Reference #: 5000411376306