MD, Deposit Operations
Date ActiveSep 19, 2022 10:48:49 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
In this position, you will monitor and ensure that department operations support a high level of customer service while ensuring operational integrity, compliance with applicable policies, procedures and regulations, business plan and initiatives and corporate goals.
- 40% -- Oversee all activities relating to operations, budgeting and special projects of the Deposit Operations Department. Implement procedures and internal controls in order to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations as well as bank policies. Monitor and coach staff to ensure a high degree of accuracy and the adherence to quality service standards. Oversee the handling of in clearing items, statement rendering, online new accounts, lease security processing, special services, controlled disbursement processing, mail transactions, Retirement Services, Abandoned Property, Records Research, Procedures and Testing.
- 30% -- Continually reinvent the department and services through the lens of process automation and/or outsourcing driving efficiency and accuracy. Implement additional efficiencies within the operations department to streamline day to day processes that cannot be automated. Manage FTE to expectations
- 20% -- Monitor applicable laws and review all department activities, operations, and disclosures to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations governing checking and transaction accounts. Implement required changes to safeguard the bank against liability and losses to the extent possible.
- 10% -- Evaluate vendor performance with respect to service level agreements and escalate failures and the need for improvements as appropriate. Monitor monthly and periodic billing for check printing services and statement and notice rendering. Assist in the evaluation and selection of vendors as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- For this position, you must have at least 7 - 10 years of experience in banking back office operations and process efficiency.
- 5 years of managerial experience required.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Process and optimization oriented
- Strong interpersonal, motivational and leadership skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Creative, sound business judgment, bottom-line oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills