Date ActiveMay 31, 2022 12:59:10 PM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
The Manager, Compliance is responsible for performing on-going compliance reviews, inclusive of; scope definition, attribute testing to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and adequate workpaper preparation to support results. The Manager will formulate conclusions on the testing performed and adequately identify and communicate compliance issues.
- Execute the compliance monitoring and testing program ensuring sufficient testing is performed and adequate workpapers are developed and supporting documentation is maintained in order to support stated conclusions and issues noted.
- Responsible for ongoing communication with respective business lines regarding the scope of testing, document requests, control environment, regulatory requirements and issues noted.
- Ensure an in-depth subject matter resource level of knowledge of regulatory requirements, industry best practices and expectations to allow for appropriate levels of oversight to be maintained. Maintain knowledge of new or proposed rules and regulations and ensure proper inclusion and coverage within the Compliance Program testing.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures. Assist with special projects and perform additional accountabilities as required.
Education, Experience, Skillset:
- Candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in Compliance.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Internal Audit or prior testing experience preferred but not required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong analytical decision-making abilities
This position can be located in Jericho, NY, White Plains, NY or CT and has a hybrid work schedule.