Date ActiveNov 7, 2022 8:02:36 PM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Attachment Department - Sustain back-office support functions associated with the processing legal orders that require the bank to remove or hold funds in an account. Areas of accountability include reviewing bank garnishments and following the state law for each document to determine exempt funds and payout date. Review court documentation and restrict funds for CT probate restricted accounts.
- Accept service of legal documents requiring the bank to remove or hold customer funds.
- Review and process legal documents served on Webster Bank and create files for each case.
- Take inquiries on customer accounts related to incoming documents. Insert printouts of all transaction inquiries performed in the file. If no record, no account, or no funds, date stamp and return to the proper individual.
- Protect funds by removing them from the customer’s account and placing them into a GL or placing legal holds on customer accounts as required by legal documents received. Insert printouts of all transactions performed in the file.
- Complete Post judgment remedies accurately and returning to the requestor’s office within the appropriate timeframes.
- Review probate documentation from CT courts and restrict funds for probate restricted accounts.
- Process payouts from the holding GL, by completing check request and final letter and processing them in coordination with database. Mail the checks to the proper individuals with a cover letter/payment coupon and scan all documentation processed.
- Process and bundle mail; verify ownership, and forward legal documents to the proper departments.
- Assist research department as needed by providing retail related research information
- Maintain daily production levels to meet goals set by department manager.
- Review work to ensure accuracy, consistency, and verifiability.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Education, Experience & Skills
- High school diploma/GED required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Bank Operations or related fields.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.