Jr Collateral Analyst
360 Lexington Ave-NY000
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Collateral Analysts at WBCC are responsible for all aspects of customer service as it relates to the clients collateral and loan activity.
The typical workload for a collateral analyst is 20 clients, which include Direct, loan where Webster is the lead lender, and Indirect, where Webster is an investor in a deal agented by another bank or finance company. Some factors that may affect the maximum number of accounts a Collateral Analyst will handle are complexity of the client's collateral pools, and whether the account is Direct or Indirect. The Collateral Analyst position requires a significant level of Asset Based Lending, (Accounts Receivable/Payable, Inventory) and customer service skills
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Update collateral daily, weekly or monthly as required.
- Prepare, review, and post daily advance requests from clients, ensuring that sufficient availability exists to cover the request.
- Update collateral based on weekly or monthly borrowing base certificates as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate collateral values for appropriate credit decision.
- Perform monthly reconciliations between the bank's records and those of the clients.
- Review detailed aging for unusual items and calculate ineligible collateral,
- Prepare list clients top ten debtors and prepare a month end package to be reviewed by Account Executives, Portfolio Managers and Operations Manager.
- Prepare portfolio review forms.
- Perform customer service for portfolio of customers, answering questions, follow up on discrepancies, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree. Business or Accounting preferred.
- 1-2 years experience with collateral monitoring and analysis at a retail lending institution
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Task orientation and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Working knowledge of Stucky Loan System
- Proficent in Microsoft Office
Job Reference #: 5000404548406