436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Responsible for multiple applications related to a common line of business. The manager will be part of a larger department that has multiple managers with similar functions; or is responsible for the function in a location. Typical number of direct/indirect reports will be 10 or less. Managers can report to any level job other than Supervisors. A manager may or may not have budget responsibility.
1. Approve design, technical, and/or operational specifications developed by subordinates.
2. Conduct code reviews as required during development in order to share knowledge and experience.
3. Oversee the delivery of designs and programs for new and existing products; keep current on best practices in technology and market trends.
4. Define work goals and establish departmental priorities and expectations.
5. Prepare annual department budget
6. Ready new designs and programs for deployment.
7. Approve design alternatives brought forth by subordinates.
8. Identify and initiate work process and tool improvements that lead to increased productivity.
9. Liaise with senior management and provide reports/updates related to department performance as requested.
* Bachelor's Degree in directly related field required; advanced degree strongly preferred.
* 10+ years of complex software development experience, at least 5 of which were in a supervisory capacity.
* Extensive knowledge of system development life cycle, client area's functions, and systems and applications program development alternatives.
* Excellent communication, leadership, management, and analytical skills.
* Able to build successful relationships with all levels of staff and management.
Job Reference #: 5000290839706