IT Infrastructure Manager of Engineering
Date ActiveJun 16, 2022 1:07:33 PM
Hours Per Week40
LocationRemote - Nationwide
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster’s strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust, and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
As IT Infrastructure Manager of Engineering, you will oversee and lead a small group of Systems Engineers. This team is focused on delivering exciting new solutions, deployments and builds across cloud infrastructure platforms and SaaS based solutions. Reporting into the Managing Director of IT Infrastructure, this senior role is expected to provide valuable input to the infrastructure technology roadmap and strategy as well as working closely with our Service Delivery teams and architects. Must have Systems Administration and VMWare engineering expertise.
- Perform engineering delivery operations which include:
- Solution Designing and working through SDLC/ATx process.
- Partnering with operational teams to enable production operations of new technologies and solutions.
- IT communications regarding IT activities and maintenance
- Lead and manage engineering team by assigning resources to projects/task and identify skills team requires to help facilitate roadmap deliverables.
- Oversee project logistics and resource allocations
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in compute, system administration and networking.
- Partner with service owners and application leaders to translate technology solutions and requirements into design and build.
- Manage third party IT service provider relationships including:
- Serving as IT escalation point for supporting technical outsourced services
- Support technical troubleshooting and issue remediation for internally support Infrastructure technologies
- Work with Service Desk, Service Design, Applications, Security and other teams to identify and resolve escalations and outages
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends, patterns and design opportunities for improvement
- Assess and identify solutions for advanced customer inquiries
- Vendor management and escalations
- Collaborate with others to define requirements, provide input and/or design solution(s), quality review and testing of systems or reports.
- Negotiate decisions; manage expectations working with the various dynamics of Clients (internal and external) driving value and satisfaction.
- Work with Business/IT/users to research solutions for existing service improvements or any new service launch
- Anticipate future trends and potential impacts to business process and systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 6-10 years of technical engineering experience
- 3-5 years of managing technical teams
- Leadership, teambuilding, and mentoring
- Experience with leading complex technical deployments and projects
- Experience Server systems and software experience
- Experience with troubleshooting telecom, networking, and VPN solutions
- Experience with backup enterprise technologies and virtual infrastructure
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude
- Ability to multitask and remain detail oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills