Internship, Investment Services
545 Pleasant Street-MBR01
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster bankers to gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience and broad exposure to our lines of business and corporate functions.
As an intern with Webster Investments, you will provide a wide range of marketing activities to support WIS Financial Consultants with a major emphasis on telemarketing activity for setting FC appointments.
This internship opportunity is for the Spring 2020 semester.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Investment Services intern will be responsible for assisting the team with a wide range of activities:
- Telemarket to book appointments, including qualifying leads and providing basic product information on registered products to potential prospects. (Intern should be licensed to discuss products with prospects)
- Prepare and assist with marketing activities, including investment days, seminars, telemarketing nights, direct mail campaigns.
- Provide administrative support: (e.g., telephone coverage, mail, meeting arrangements, coordinate communications, fax and photocopy)
- Keep complete log of all sales and appointments; assist with tracking and reporting of sales/appointments by branch for both FC and LBEs
- Follow-up with customers who were referred by bank staff and track all kept appointments for reporting purposes
- Maintain extract data from customer database contact management system for marketing campaigns.
- Attend meetings as required and work on miscellaneous projects as requested.
- Handle variety of customer communications including:
- Prospecting letters
- Confirm appointments
- Send out appointment cards and review cards
- Order customer illustrations
- Trouble shoot customer problems for resolution
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Current undergraduate or graduate student with 2-4 years college experience
- Interest in banking/financial services industry
- Resourceful, motivated, enthusiastic and proactive
- Highly organized
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively (Verbally and Written)
- Diligent and dependable