Internal Audit Intern
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster bankers to gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience and broad exposure to our lines of business and corporate functions.
Position Summary -- Audit Intern
Internal Audit is a team of dedicated professionals with diverse backgrounds and expertise who provide value by maintaining collaborative partnerships and promoting a strong control environment that supports risk management and business success.
The Audit Intern performs internal audits under the direction of the Audit Manager, with guidance from senior auditors. Potential audits include Bank Operations, Accounting, Treasury, Cyber Security, Digital Banking, and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Assist in identifying risks and controls in business processes.
- Test the design and operating effectiveness of controls and compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Identify and communicate control weakness and instances of non-compliance.
- Assist in developing recommendations to improve the control environment.
- Prepare detailed audit documentation.
- Assist in preparing written audit reports.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university who is pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance, Internal Audit, or a related field
- Outstanding academic performance, with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 required
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week for 10 consecutive weeks
- Internship, seasonal/part-time work, campus involvement or other relevant work/leadership experience
- Coursework and/or experience using Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- Resourceful, motivated and enthusiastic
- Maintain a passion for excellence with high integrity and a commitment to quality
- Proactively work on multiple assignments to aid in the achievement of team objectives
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 5000467801306