Intern - Consumer Deposits Sales and Service
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
As an intern at Webster Bank, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with Webster bankers to gain valuable experience, knowledge and skills. Every internship opportunity is structured to provide you with a meaningful experience and broad exposure to our lines of business and corporate functions. The Consumer Deposits Sales and Service Intern will be responsible for assisting the team with a wide range of activities:
- Assist with development of Consumer Deposits Sales & Service Initiatives
- Assist with tracking, trending and analysis of Consumer Deposits Sales & Service Initiatives
- Assist with execution of Sales & Service initiatives within Consumer Deposits
- Assist with Consumer Deposits communications, including support with creating/editing content for dedicated communications vehicles and maintaining customized distribution lists
- Provide ideas and support about how to utilize Salesforce within the Consumer Deposit network
- Provide ideas and support on training initiatives through collaboration with Learning & Development team
- Support lead management and marketing initiatives
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Current undergraduate or graduate student and legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Preferred: 2-4 years college experience
- Interest in banking/financial services industry
- Resourceful, motivated, enthusiastic and proactive
- Highly organized
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Diligent and dependable
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 5000471784806