Enterprise Risk Manager
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Enterprise Risk Manager
The Enterprise Risk Manager designs and implements an integrated risk management framework that incorporates all aspects of Webster's Enterprise Risk Management ERM program and leads team efforts to implement Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) platform to support continued improvement of Webster's risk management programs in collaboration with Risk Management/Oversight Program Owners and Business Line Risk Officers/Liaisons.
Implements Webster's ERM Program as defined in the ERM Policy
Visualizes, Designs and Champions the Integrated Risk Management Approach
- Works collaboratively with Business Line Risk Officers/Liaisons and Risk Management Program Owners to assess and align the risk management objectives and activities of risk management functions across Webster with the risk management platform.
- Conducts cross-functional discussions to aid Risk Program Owners in understanding how their program objectives align under an integrated approach, thus better leveraging the Webster's resources in highly coordinated activities.
- Builds consensus among Risk Program Owners/Liaisons, Business Line Risk Officers/Liaisons and other stakeholders to achieve a coordinated and well-designed solution that reduces the need for standalone risk management tools.
- Serves as a vocal champion, articulating the objectives and benefits of an integrated approach that, upon implementation, may yield broader governance, risk and compliance benefits for Webster.
Develops and Implements Functionality Supporting an Integrated Risk Management Platform
- Leverages his or her own risk management experience and expertise to identify opportunities to integrate the Webster's various Risk Programs within risk management technology infrastructure.
- Identifies integration opportunities, and serve as a change agent, working with both risk managers and risk program owners in making decisions around change management of existing processes and solutions.
- Provides thoughtful recommendations and options to help overcome obstacles to executing an integrated approach.
- Works with business partners to develop requirements, then coordinates with technical resources in the execution of projects to implement relevant functionality in the risk management platform and overall risk technology infrastructure.
Oversees Implementation and Ongoing Governance of the Integrated Risk Management Program
- Coordinates the GRC Governance Committee that oversees the implementation strategy for the integrated risk program and supporting technology.
- Serves as primary contact for all project prioritization input and platform support issues.
- Partners with business line risk officers/liaisons and risk program owners to define and maintain risk management hierarchy and taxonomy.
- Serves as primary business contact ensuring alignment of risk management taxonomy and related content across the risk management solution and infrastructure.
- Establishes processes to ensure the continual update of risk management content, including business hierarchy, risk and control taxonomies and key process content through interaction with business line risk officers/liaisons and risk program owners.
- Coordinates with Director of ERM to ensure any changes to the Webster's Enterprise Risk Management Framework are updated as necessary in the risk management solution and infrastructure and aligned with policy.
Leads Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting for Enterprise Risk Management
- Partners with business line officers, risk program and business managers to define and implement risk management reporting, dashboards and analytics.
- Provides business management, risk program owners, and risk managers with critical information regarding the risk levels, risk management activities and related status of risk issues across Webster.
- College degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, computer science or related filed and 6 or more years of related work experience
- Risk management experience in a public company, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Ability to analyze and assess business process for risk impact.
- Experience with implementing process changes.
- Demonstrated ability to be technical and tactical but think, act, and communicate in a strategic manner.
- Self-motivated and self-directed while possessing experience in successfully working with cross functional teams in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent writing skills, oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to put technical terms into business communication for non-technical professionals or to present recommendations to senior management. The position requires interaction with various levels of internal staff and management.
- Proven ability in building and fostering strong, positive working relationships in a large organization to enable a strong understanding and close alignment with business needs, direction, and risk appetite.
- Strong interpersonal skills, offering the ability to partner and consult with other managers with ability to influence.
- Confident and results driven with a proven track record of delivering projects and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Able to rapidly assimilate information and make decisions at short notice.
- Advanced degree such as MBA highly desirable.
- Prior experience with GRC platforms (example: RSA Archer, Bwise, Metricstream).
- Knowledge of COSO ERM, COSO Internal Control or other risk & control frameworks.
- Progressive financial services industry experience in risk management, compliance or audit.
- Experience on large system enhancements, conversions and production problem resolution.
- Lean, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement experience.
Job Reference #: 5000330689906