436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Role Description, Webster Bank Enterprise Architecture
The Chief Enterprise Architect will lead and define the company's Enterprise Architecture at Webster Bank. The centerpiece of these efforts will result in a service-oriented platform encapsulating critical enterprise capabilities, automated processes and collaboration architecture to drive high-velocity twelve factor application development, integration, reusability, risk management and control, and regulatory compliance.
Development of this platform will lead Webster Bank towards true digital transformation. We'll develop digital banking services that rely on cross channel customer relationship models and transaction flows through event stream processing that observes, aggregates, and correlates the transactions to help the bank make smarter, faster, more accurate decisions. You will be a critical leader in enabling continuous innovation across all our products and channels and enhancing our customer experience.
S/he will proactively work to progress the architecture, and overall design of the Bank's systems as a corporate asset in supporting the Bank's business objectives. There will be a high degree of focus on ensuring that customer's needs are met consistently. This includes ensuring technical directions and options take into account constraints and future enhancements.
S/he will also drive extensive collaboration throughout the organization by effectively evolving policies, standards and a governance process into a proactive, strategic approach.
Interpret and understand business goals and drivers - particularly Webster's digital strategies and investment plans - to promote an integrated and unified platform strategy.
- Partner with peers to develop the long-term (3-5 years) technology vision and develop the Bank's reference architecture.
- Establish and maintain standards and ensure alignment to Webster Bank road maps.
- Define and manage the decision process (research, proof of concepts, software prototyping, compatibility tests and analysis, etc.) of and software development compliance to the overarching software architecture. Prioritize and solve conflicts that will arise while looking at all of the aggregated needs of Webster Bank.
- Work with strategic suppliers and internal delivery organizations to ensure that Webster Bank benefits from leading industry practices and technologies.
- Lead a small team of business, application, data / integration and infrastructure architects.
- Develop, mentor and train team to ensure the organization is competitive, aligned and prepared for future challenges.
- Coach peers, managers and engineers on their growth and career goals both as individuals and team members.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- 15+ years IT experience with 5+ years experience in banking/financial industries; 7+ years work experience as an Enterprise Architect.
- Proven leadership in technology architecture and roadmap development, as well as execution of major projects.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Enterprise Architecture strategy and road-map development utilizing standard framework and methodologies such as TOGAF, Zachman and others.
- Knowledge of multiple technologies, architectural styles, design patterns, coding best practices, development environments and methodologies. In depth knowledge of SOA principles and frameworks.
- A complete understanding of the entire technical stack from top to bottom including alternatives and tradeoffs at every level.
- Strategic thinking - Understands long term business strategies and can create technology strategies aligned to them.
- Innovative - Ability to see how future technologies can be applied to help drive business objectives.
- Strong IT technology experience in a high-volume, complex, consumer IT environment.
- Knowledge of banking business, process requirements and information flow.
- Experience and perspective to effectively manage within highly regulated environments.
- Communication - with business executives, media and third party stakeholders.
- Change Leadership - able to lead major organization change programs.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with teams of senior technical professionals.
- Excellent skills in negotiations, relationship building and general business management.
- It would be desirable to have candidates with one or more of the following certifications:
- TOGAF Certification
- CSSLP Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
- CTA Certified Technical Architect
- ITIL Master
- Certified SOA Architect
Professional/Technical certifications a plus
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Business a plus
Masters Degree a plus
Job Reference #: 5000389024606