360 Lexington Ave-NY000
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.Business Unit Overview
Webster Bank -- Vice President, Director/Capital Markets
As a Vice President in Webster Bank's Capital Markets Group you will have comprehensive involvement in all execution-related activities corresponding to syndicated middle market loan transactions. You will partner with origination teams to evaluate opportunities and position Webster Bank to compete effectively. Gathering and dissemination of market intelligence will also be an important role. Potential candidates at this level are typically building upon the skills required to work independently and exhibit a high level of responsibility under minimal supervision. You will be a meaningful contributor and assume increasing levels of responsibility.
- Partnering with origination teams to pitch, evaluate and diligence prospective deal opportunities.
- Provide input and guidance on structure, pricing and terms.
- Production of marketing materials, engagement with syndicate lenders and document negotiation.
- Provide market intelligence to internal and external constituents; including production of related materials.
- Generation and maintenance of comparable transaction analysis.
- Developing relationships and partnerships with like-minded lenders to help build syndicate network.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years' experience in leveraged finance at a commercial/ investment bank or direct lender with strong corporate credit experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with financial statement modeling.
- Experience underwriting sponsored middle market transactions.
- Established relationships within middle market lending arena.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little to no supervision.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Bloomberg and CapitalIQ preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business or related discipline. MBA considered a plus.
- Graduate of a formalized credit training program.
- Capital Markets / Syndications direct experience preferred, but will consider individuals with tangential experience (assuming strong credit/underwriting skills).
- Over 10 years' experience in leveraged finance (middle market preferred) at a commercial/ investment bank or direct lender with strong commercial credit experience.
- Received either CFA or CPA professional certifications.
- Experience leading credit agreements / legal documentation of leveraged loans.
Job Reference #: 5000289735606