Director Project Management Office
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Director, Project Management:
The incumbent has senior management responsibility for leading the Enterprise Project Management Office efforts through idea / strategic planning and implementation of projects and programs to achieve and maintain organizational strategic objectives. Partners with the line of business and operational leadership to ensure a culture of operational excellence. The individual will have broad responsibility for the strategic direction, planning, execution, implementation and achievement of corporate results for Project Management functions. Responsible to work with all lines of business to ensure their success as well as Webster Bank's success
Manages teams of Project Managers, Business Analysts and Business Relationship Managers.
- Communicates, enables and executes strategic plans emphasizing collaboration, effectiveness, efficiency and risk management throughout Webster Standard Execution Framework.
- Interacts regularly with Executive Management and line of business leaders in an effort to execute projects efficiently and effectively and to ensure that PMO priorities are aligned with the total company's strategic direction. Recommends actions as needed to meet timelines and goals.
- Drives the maturity of the PMO in SDLC, Agile and other methodologies as appropriate to promote standards of excellence.
- Coaches staff on how to effectively drive, partner and collaborate within cross-functional teams to achieve results on time, within scope, within budget with the expected business results.
- Builds and leads high performing organization by implementing strong hiring, talent management and succession planning practices. Support the recruiting, training, coaching and development of PMO staff. Utilizes capacity modeling strategies to effectively adjust staffing relative to volumes.
- Establishes meaningful metrics, monitors performance, identifies problems and opportunities and reports same as required.
- Ensure clear and transparent communication to all impacted areas and executive leadership on status, issues and risks. Develop and maintain expertise in industry best practices and benchmarks.
- Manage customer feedback mechanisms, interpret feedback data, present recommendations and communicate to Executive Management.
BS required -- Finance or business related discipline
9+ years of experience with an emphasis on project management and delivering sustainable results preferred.
Job Skills / Knowledge:
Ability to create and sustain plans/goals and to effectively and efficiently lead teams and projects dedicated to achieving Corporate goals.
Ability to manage complex projects and issues, to anticipate, negotiate and manage conflicts, problems, changes and meet deadlines.
Strong understating / experience with SDLC, Agile and Dev Ops preferred.
Strong analytical, planning, and problem solving skills.
Results driven individual, has delivered on strategic vision.
Ability to earn buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholders.
Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
Strong emotional intelligence.
Effective change agent.
PMP certified preferred.
Job Reference #: 5000494413506