Deposit Operations Supervisor - Research Department
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Deposit Operations Supervisor
Coordinate the operations of back office support functions associated with servicing deposit accounts Areas of specialization will include functions associated with the retrieval of retail account information. Account information will be provided to support legal orders received by the Bank, request for or on behalf of a customer and verifications of deposits. Areas of accountability include fulfilling research requests, as well as accepting service of legal documents, maintaining files and assisting Banking Center personnel and other Lines of Business who receive legal documents and customer requests.
Responsible for leading a team of employees that require high to moderate supervision and that are engaged in tasks that are highly specialized. This job is typically used as a "level cutter" in those situations where there are a large number of employees, and the span of control for the department head would be too large. Supervisors may need to perform some of the tasks that are performed by the employees supervised. Supervisors conduct performance evaluations, and have input on hiring and termination decisions. Supervisors may or may not have budget responsibility.
- Supervise employees performing routine and non-routine clerical tasks in support of a specific unit of Operations, including Research and Service of Process.
- Assist with performing routine and non-routine clerical tasks.
- Work with customers to achieve resolution of extremely complex questions and issues; handle all problems not solved by successive levels of Coordinator.
- Test functionality and enhancements, and perform regression testing, to ensure dependability of systems.
- Run various reports related to area of specialization.
- Partner with internal departments when necessary.
- Maintain daily production levels to meet goals set by department management.
- Research feasibility of recommended changes to existing processes.
- Represent Deposit Operations through participation in corporate initiative project teams.
- Facilitate training of staff on changes, revisions, and updates to procedures/processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience in Bank Operations or related fields.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
Job Reference #: 5000325450206