Data Platform Engineer
Date ActiveJun 30, 2022 9:48:50 AM
Hours Per Week40
Job Description/ Requirements
If you’re looking for a meaningful career, you’ll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster’s values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
Data Platform Engineer Job Description
The Data Platform Engineer will provide application and system administration duties for Webster's Data team. This position is primarily responsible for Hands-on administration of Data Services that includes production support, troubleshooting, upgrades, and vulnerability remediation.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Install, configure, and maintain complex application software for multiple server applications.
- Maintain and perform patch and upgrade services and schedules.
- Responsible for incident, Root Cause
- Research, propose, and implement system enhancements that will improve the reliability, features and
performance of the assigned applications.
- Periodically review security of operating system and resolves any identified vulnerabilities.
- Design, write and implement backup procedures for complex systems.
- Perform and document yearly disaster recovery testing.
- Monitor batch processes and system performance.
- Rotational on call for 24X7 systems.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience in systems administration and application implementation.
- 4+ years of experience with Unix (Linux, AIX) and Windows Server environments.
- Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Microsoft SQL database environments.
- Experience working with AWS managed service solutions and concepts such as: VPC, EC2, S3, and RDS
- Understand the concepts of IT general controls and application controls.
- A team player. Collaborative and communicative. Proactive and able to adapt to change.
Additional Information: This is a remote job opportunity!
Relocation Assistance Provided: No