Credit Data Analyst
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This position is primarily responsible for R&R risk reporting and data analytics management. The position reports to the Director of R&R-Consumer, providing critical support to the R&R's Reporting and Analytics function as well as the broader R&R group.
- Gathers data, conducts research and performs complex analysis to identify trends in business volume, performance, and profitability and creates reports to present findings to management.
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues, managers, and business partners to maximize the value, relevance, and effectiveness of reports and analyses.
- Contribute to preparation of formal monthly and quarterly reporting that is viewed by senior management, regulators, and other outside agencies
- Build data inputs from external databases to augment reporting on business trend developments.
- Develop complex and actionable reports that can be used by senior management and business partners to monitor, react to, and proactively manage critical trends in the loan portfolios.
- Provide high level reporting and analytics for Credit Risk Management, including analysis to support the credit culture and objectives of the Chief Risk Officer. Areas of focus are risk concentrations, risk rating migrations, delinquency and loss trends, collateral positions, and other related metrics
- Take the lead in the development of models for management of profitability and risk.
- Lead the improvement of automation of the reporting function.
- Recommend solutions for data gathering and analysis to improve reporting and trending.
- Provide other analytical and administrative support as necessary.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor or Management.
- High School / GED required.
- Specialized training -- working knowledge of MSP and ALS, regulatory requirements regarding consumer collection legal procedures, liens/foreclosures, all regulatory guidelines related to Consumer Collections and Investor/Insurer guidelines, ability to independently review personal financial statements, tax returns in order to determine appropriate payment arrangements or settlements.
- BS preferred -- 4 Year degree in Business or Liberal Arts
3 -- 5 years of related experience -- Previous Mortgage and/or Consumer Loan Collections Experience including Modification of Loans and legal referral process, Risk Reporting.
Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer Proficiency (PC Input, data entry, etc.).
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Word Processing and Excel Spreadsheet).
- Product knowledge of Consumer/Residential mortgages and HELOC
- Excellent mathematics skills.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Internet Proficient
- Thorough knowledge of report construction; familiarity with reporting tools such as CDR and Business Objects preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity
- Superb analytical, organizational, communication, and project management skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize while working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with associates at various levels
- Thorough knowledge of Consumer loan documents and creditor rights contained within the documents..
- Excellent negotiating skills with individual borrowers and their counsel.
- Goal oriented-stated goal is to increase recoveries
Job Reference #: 5000475050506