Correspondent Lending Account Manager
200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Proactively develop new Correspondent relationships, as needed, and deliver exceptional, high level relationship management for Correspondents and prospects
- Present new customer relationships to senior management group for approval pursuant to Correspondent Lending Policy
- Act as liaison between Correspondent Operations team, Webster Banks operations team, secondary marketing team, and Correspondent, offering assistance on individual loan submissions, rate negotiations, loan scenarios and general procedural requirements
- Monitor production levels, quality of submissions, and regulatory compliance by account
- Develop and maintain a Correspondent Report Card per account to monitor performance
- Make regular sales calls and participate in monthly meeting with Correspondent Operations Manager
- Communicating with Correspondent sales teams regarding performance, strategies and improvements
- Responsible for the identification and reporting of competitive intelligence, including but not limited to mortgage programs and products, rate competitiveness and service levels
- Train new and existing accounts on products, procedures, documents and Webster Bank policies in conjunction with the Correspondent Operations Manager
- Provide well organized information and reporting to leadership
- Comply with applicable government regulations and cooperate in all aspects of internal quality control and compliance programs.
- Assume additional duties/projects as they arise.
- High School / GED required OR Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- 5-8 years of experience processing and funding single family residential loans in a correspondent environment, at least 2 of which were in a managerial capacity.
- Knowledge of underwriting and secondary market guidelines including RESPA and Truth-in-Lending.
- Excellent communication skills, strong relationship management skills.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to monitor, maintain, train and motivate correspondents sales force.
- Adept with technology and open to learning new programs as necessary.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks. Must be dependable in completing tasks with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness to assume additional duties/projects as required.
- Stays abreast of business and system industry changes.
Job Reference #: 5000489984006