Commercial Analyst, Commercial Analyst Development Program
Date ActiveAug 23, 2022 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location500 Boylston St-MAS10
Job Description/ Requirements
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families, businesses and our colleagues achieve their financial goals. As a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our clients and supporting our communities. Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility, Respect, Excellence are Webster's values, these set us apart as a bank and as an employer.
Come join our team where you can expand your career potential, benefit from our robust development opportunities, and enjoy meaningful work!
WEBSTER BANKING ROTATIONAL PROGRAM -- COMMERCIAL LENDING/CREDIT RISK
The Webster Banking Rotational Program is two-year program designed to provide participants with progressively challenging work assignments in either the Commercial Lending/Credit Risk, Finance, Community Banking, Operations, and IT areas. Program participants will acquire business unit and organizational knowledge, gain exposure to senior leadership, have access to a formal executive mentor, and accelerate their development at Webster through structured learning programs including a two-week credit risk training program.
This posting is for the COMMERCIAL LENDING/CREDIT RISK track of the Webster Banking Rotational Program which consists of rotations in the areas of Credit Risk and Commercial Banking. Assignments are likely to include work in the following areas:
- Commercial Banking Portfolio Management
- Business Banking Risk/Underwriting
- Credit Risk Review
- Commercial Restructure and Recovery
All rotational assignments will be located within Stamford, Boston, New Haven and Hartford.
- 1-3 years of prior professional experience or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree preferably with a concentration in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar field.
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Candidates should be able to create and use PivotTables, utilize the VLOOKUP function, and create graphs and charts in Excel. Candidates should be able to utilize PowerPoint to create presentations complete with analytical charts and graphics.
- Ability to interpret balance sheets and income statements - a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills when interacting with clients, colleagues, and business unit partners.
- Ability to multi-task; strong attention to detail.
- Must be a flexible, independent team player with a positive attitude and willingness to step-in and provide support as needed.
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or supervisor.
- An essay of approximately 500 words describing your career ambitions and why you are interested in this program.