Date ActiveDec 8, 2020 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week40
Location200 Executive Blvd South-HF433
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Collector position possesses the knowledge, skills, and techniques relative to the collection of past due Residential and Consumer loan products, including but not limited to Fair Debt Collection practices, effective communication skills, PC skills, interaction with other loan servicing functions, Investor practices, PMI practices, and skip tracing, for the purpose of collecting past due Residential and Consumer loan products at the 15-90 day levels.
- Understands and follows Collection Policies and Procedures of the bank.
- Telephones delinquent mortgage and consumer loan customers.
- Works constructively with the delinquent customers to ultimately cure the delinquent accounts.
- Maintains and documents accurate collection records via the On-Line Collection System.
- Advises and recommends to supervisor the proper action to be taken to cure a delinquent.
- Institutes skip traces and keeps accurate records of same as necessary.
- Recognizes and takes the necessary action required to prepare an account for foreclosure, as directed to Management.
- Adheres to the collection requirements of Investors to whom we have sold and continue to service loans. Acts prudently and monitors these accounts as required.
- Adheres to the collection practices of PMI companies.
- Makes field calls and/or obtains property inspections on delinquent accounts as directed by supervisor.
- Makes calls as required monthly by the servicing directives of FHLMC, FNMA and CHFA.
- Understands and utilizes all methods, techniques and resources available for loan workout and/or loss mitigation, ensuring adherence to internal, investor and MI policy and procedures.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor or Management.
- High School / GED required. Some college business courses preferred
- 2 -- 4 years Mortgage and/or Consumer Loan Collections Experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer Literate (PC Input, data entry, etc.).
- Microsoft Word Processing and Spreadsheet knowledge.
- Residential and Consumer product knowledge.
- Loan Servicing knowledge (Investor, Escrow, Payoff, Cashiering, ARM)
- Knowledge of CHFA/FHA Loss Mitigation requirements.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Good mathematics skills.
- Organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Goal oriented.