Business Relationship Manager - PMO
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
- Support strategically the business line direction, create a 3-year roadmap/portfolio that aligns with the financial plan
- Research the direction-setting initiatives, including resource planning and the development of cost benefit analysis and helping facilitate decisions that are best for Webster customers, employees and shareholders
- Strong understanding of the business line working and CIO to support, at the executive level, the direction setting and shepherd initiatives through the removal of barriers. Required are strong leadership and problem-solving management skills.
- Guides the business/operational units through the project approval process by assisting with clear problem definition, rationale and resource requirements to ensure succcessful implementation of projects. Reviews and secures project resource requests such as capital requests, resource allocation and IT resources.
- A matrix manager continuously pulling in the required SME, and/or escalation where necessary for business-as-usual activity, key initiatives, and projects
- Works with the line of business in developing business cases and the financial analysis for the business unit strategic initiatives
- On a regular basis, address the difficult issues necessary to maintain productivity while ensuring risk factors are mitigated.
- BS / BA required -- MIS or General Business Preferred
- 3 - 5 years of related experience -- Experience in managing, coaching a team of professionals
- 5 - 8 years of related experience -- Project Management managing change initiatives of complex or strategic nature
- 9+ years of related experience.
- Building Collaborative and Productive Teams and Partnerships -- Analyzes the organization and own area to identify key relationships that should be initiated or improved to further the attainment of goals.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes economic, financial and industry knowledge to identify key issues, decision-making criteria and determine strategies and plans, particularly in the financial services industry
- Facilitates Change - Identifies and encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to address problems
- Inspiring Leadership - Uses interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward high levels of performance by helping others understand the importance of vision and values of the organization
- Systems Thinking - Understands process systems, can identify inter-relationships and diagnose potential misalignment of people, technology and process.
Job Reference #: 5000279233106