Business Development Officer
360 Lexington Ave-NY000
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Webster Business Credit is a premier provider of customized asset-based lending and cash management services for middle market companies located throughout the United States. An experienced lender to mid-sized companies, Webster Business Credit stands out as a leader in asset-based financing for the middle market. We are one of the top 25 asset based lending providers for the United States.
The Asset Base Originator will be responsible for generating new business and assisting with the growth of our Asset-based lending footprint.
- Meet budgeted marketing goals through the origination and structure of potential ABL transactions, and negotiation of these transactions for the purpose of proposal letter execution.
- Maintaining and adding to quality contact base (Sales Force)
- Assist underwriters in the closing process when needed
- Handling administrative duties related to the position.
- Meet individual targeted marketing goals
- Increase awareness of Webster in the market, which includes an aggressive calling effort and joining local business organizations
- Look for cross-sell opportunities
- Completing monthly reporting, contact data base and compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or related field required; advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience in credit structuring and cross selling.
- Prior ABL sales experience required.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate customer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
- Understanding of regulations governing financial products/services.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Extensive contact database (network).
Job Reference #: 5000518522806