Business Development Officer/Asset Based Originator
Date ActiveDec 15, 2021 12:00:00 AM
Hours Per Week37.5
Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!Job Summary:
- Meet individual targeted marketing goals through origination and structure of potential Asset Based Lending transactions, and negotiation of these transactions for the purpose of proposal letter execution.
- Maintaining and adding to quality contact base (Sales Force)
- Assist underwriters in the closing process when needed Increase awareness of Webster in the market, which includes an aggressive calling effort and joining local business organizations
- Look for cross-sell opportunities
- Completing monthly reporting, contact data base and compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or related field required; advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in credit structuring and cross selling required
- MUST have prior Asset Based Lending sales experience required
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate customer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
- Understanding of regulations governing financial products/service.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Extensive contact database (network)