Master Black Belt
436 Slater Road-HF308
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Our Continuous Improvement team of Black Belts and Master Black Belts is expanding! We have multiple opportunities for experienced candidates with a proven, successful, track record of process reengineering and change management.
Lead, facilitate, and drive end to end line of business process improvement projects that are aligned to the overarching Webster Bank Strategy. This key role will partner with various business leaders to conduct detailed diagnostic assessments of the current state, baseline process capability, identify key drivers of performance, identify subsequent improvement opportunities, and implement new improved business processes and technologies.
The successful candidate will have a track record of identifying and implementing specific improvements that have delivered meaningful and sustainable business results within the financial services industry.
Typical work activities will include:
- Leading cross functional project teams and associated activities
- Gathering and analyzing existing business and process related data
- Synthesizing meaningful information to drive actions from large data-sets
- Leading root cause analysis and problem solving sessions
- Designing future state business requirements, processes, systems and organizations
- Building a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries
- Establishing effective relationships with key stakeholders to influence change
- Developing executive level presentations and providing regular updates to senior management
The position is based in Connecticut, with travel among Hartford, New Britain, Southington, and Waterbury.
5 -- 8 years of relevant technical experience driving transformational change
- BS in a technical field, preferred engineering
- Passionate about driving continuous improvement and customer centricity
- Strong data gathering, analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience coding with SAS, SQL, and/or Minitab highly desirable
- Strong influencing, presentation, facilitation and written/oral communication skills
- In depth understanding of and practical experience with the following:
- Business process management
- Project management
- Change management
- Intelligent automation technologies and capabilities
Job Reference #: 5000400397106