Banking Rotational Program - Information Technology
436 Slater Road-HF308
WEBSTER BANKING ROTATIONAL PROGRAM -- Information Technology
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Webster Banking Rotational Program is a two-year program designed to provide participants with progressively challenging work assignments in either the Lending/Credit Risk, Finance, Community Banking, Operations and IT areas. Program participants will acquire business unit and organizational knowledge, gain exposure to senior leadership, have access to a formal executive mentor, and accelerate their development at Webster through structured learning programs including a two-week credit risk training program.
This posting is for the Information Technology track of the Webster Banking Rotational Program.
Come collaborate with the CIO organization and be a part of a team focused on delivering exceptional customer experience with high quality technology. The program offers a great opportunity to immerse yourself in internal technologies at Webster Bank and learn about external platforms and emerging technologies that will carry CIO into the future while interacting with various lines of business.
Assignments are likely to include work in the areas of:
- Cloud Technology
- Digital Technology
All rotational assignments will be located within Central Connecticut, (greater New Haven, Southington, Waterbury, New Britain and Hartford).
Start Date: The program will begin in June 2019.
- 1-3 years of prior professional experience or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Information Technology or similar field.
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Candidates should be able to create and use PivotTables, utilize the VLOOKUP function, and create graphs and charts in Excel. Candidates should be able to utilize PowerPoint to create presentations complete with analytical charts and graphics.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills when interacting with clients, colleagues, and business unit partners.
- Ability to multi-task; strong attention to detail.
- Must be a flexible independent, team player with a positive attitude and willingness to step-in and provide support as needed.
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or supervisor.
- An essay of approximately 500 words describing your career ambitions and why you are interested in this program.
Both documents required above should be attached when submitting an on-line application. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.
Application deadline: January 23, 2018
Job Reference #: 5000436016906