Banking Center Manager
North Riverside Avenue-HF460
- Consistently meet/exceed all sales goals, retention goals and superior service quality (SSQ) standards
- Model and drive team sales behavior consistent with the Webster sales and SSQ process.
- Develop, implement, and manage a detailed business plan using total team involvement and participate in establishing team sales and service goals.
- Utilize and promote with the branch team usage of all available sales tools and resources on a regular basis, and incorporate tools into the defined Sales Process to guide marketing and call plans. Hold weekly conference calls and meetings to review success and challenges.
- Build strong internal/external relationships through ownership of problem solving and follow through.
- Effectively utilize decision/exception tools to support valuable customer retention.
- Ensure excellence in customer service and maintain service quality standards established for service mechanics and attitude.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Webster asset, liability, and partner products and services as well as alternative delivery channels.
- Encourage active team involvement in community events.
- Successfully complete the Business Certification program within 90 days of hire.
- Achieve fluency in all Small Business Specialty product offerings and cross sell products (merchant services, payroll, cash management, etc.) to improve skill level, acquisition and cross-sell.
- Achieve all Small Business sales goals through daily prospecting and consulting with new and existing customers, contacts with formal and informal referral sources, developing/facilitating seminars, and community involvement
- Identify, cultivate and expand key customer relationships through focused sales and referral activity to an assigned Small Business customer base.
- Generate and complete loan packages, by becoming involved in the processing, approval and closing process.
- Work as a team with Business & Professional Banking partners to achieve Small Business relationship development and growth goals and objectives.
- As needed participate in Small Business training to stay current with the specific market trends, and the competitive landscape within your market/region.
- Develop a list of high priority prospects and centers of influence (COIs) within the market area and build relationships for client acquisition and as a consistent referral source.
Leadership & People Management
- Observe, evaluate performance, coach and performance manage the entire branch team in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop a positive and supportive environment within the branch and contribute to creating the same within the market to enable branch staff to maximize their sales, service, financial and operational contributions.
- Establish development goals/plans for self and branch staff by utilizing the Individual Development Plans (IDP's)
- Effectively hold individuals and team accountable to achievement of their sales, service and operations goals.
- Meet/exceed individual development goals and objectives.
- Ensure an effective interview selection process by utilizing available Webster tools and training.
- Develop and coordinate team-training sessions consistent with Webster's sales and service process.
- Responsible for overall communication with the team to ensure that clear and consistent information is relayed to staff on a timely basis.
- Reward and recognize performance of staff utilizing established programs and sources.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Webster and Retail Banking mission, goals, strategies and the roles of key business partners. Ensure same knowledge among staff members.
- Work closely with partners in Human Resources to understand and implement policies and procedures pertaining to team and individual performance in a timely and effective manner.
Operations & Compliance
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws as well as Webster Bank policies and procedures.
- Meet/exceed branch audit and risk assessment requirements.
- Ensure completion of required periodic audits and inventories on a timely basis and in compliance with Webster Bank's policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain effective partnership with Retail Operations Specialist (ROS) to ensure operational excellence.
- Ensure accuracy ratios are met as outlined in the Performance Measurement Reports
- Foster an environment where all staff members participate in the Operations of the branch
- Protect Webster from financial losses
- Ensure 100% completion of compliance training by entire branch team.
- Ensure achievement of year over year profitability through effective management of branch revenue production and profitability.
- Ensure the prevention of fraudulent activities through adherence to bank policies and procedures.
- Ensure fee waivers and rebates are granted within bank guidelines.
- Other duties as required.
- High School/GED Required
- College degree or some college coursework sis preferred.
- 3-4 years customer sales/service experience.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience or successful completion of a Branch Manager Development Program.
- Preferred-Small Business-knowledge of small business loan, deposit and cash management products
- Strong leadership ability.
- Stong customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of sales and relationship building skills.
- Working knowledge of financial statements.
- Demonstrated success in leading, managing, coaching, and motivating.
- Demonstrated success in achieving individual and team goals.
- Foundational knowledge of Retail Banking products and services.
- Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base.
- Comfortable with external sales activities -- demonstrated proficiency preferred.
- Strong commitment to achieving personal growth and success
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills.
- Working knowledge of computer and processing skills (E-Mail, Intranet, Internet, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Comfortable with emerging technology and use in Retail Branch Banking channel.
- Typical office environment/working conditions
- Ability to travel is necessary. Branch manager are required to spend approximately 50% of their time outside the branch for business acquisition or as required to achieve branch goals.
Job Reference #: 5000555373706